Sunday, November 1, 2009

A friend I tried to save....

It's true when people say we are living in fast times, leading fast lives. I tried counting how many hours I spend everyday doing stuff, like how many hours I sleep, surf, eat. What I never realized is I was not spending any time reflecting. It's clear, I am no good at it and I believe lot of people don't think in retrospect, may be it decreases their "social value" I am not sure, just speculating on this one.

All these days I have been going through a very tough time but its my inner strength that kept me going, I didn't exactly put on a poker face but my strong humor bone kept my smiling and laughing. When I reflected on this whole fiasco, I realized I had failed. I had failed to save a person who was my dearest and closest friend. I failed to protect my friend from getting sucked into so called reality, failed to show the way, failed to show what humility means, failed to show what forever and forever means, failed to make dreams a reality, failed to show how to keep true to oneself .

My biggest failure in life is to lose this friend and I wish I could show that there was always another way to do things. I was told once by that same friend that I was too idealistic too value oriented, I wish my friend could understand why I was like this.

I will carry this failure with me like I carry all my other failures in life and try not to lose a friend again, especially with this world waiting to lure them to a place which has no values, no ethics and no honor.

To my friend, I will always miss you, I am sorry I failed you, please remember me in a small corner of your heart cause I tried for you......

Vin


No comments:

Post a Comment